[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V9 #945

One wonders -- If stem cell research is really so promising, wouldn't private
industry jump on it and aren't they already doing so?  All the veto did was
say that the federal government's job is not to select one health cause out of
hundreds of other causes and divert public funds there.

No where in the federal Constitution does it entrust the Federal government
with the power or right to use federal funds for healthcare research.
 Pharmaceutical companies are very good at that and, I trust, will jump on all
viable
opportunities.  I've never heard of private industry ignoring a lucrative
opportunity.

Maxine