[IP] Stem cell research

Susan wrote:Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:02:36 -0700
From: Susan Keuter <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Please Tell President Bush: Don't Veto Hope! Support Stem
Cell Research

I am torn - as a Catholic I should side with President Bush in not
wanting this bill to pass.

As a diabetic I wonder what the passage of this bill would do for the
future generations.

I am not convinced that stem cell's are THE answer - but I feel it
might hole SOME possibilities.

But for tomorrow - I will be watching to see what happens.

I'm just glad they aren't asking ME for decide - because that'd be a
hard one to choose!!

Susan
Sharon's thoughts: I think of stem cell research as being a good thing as the
research can be used to help better the lives of people with diabetes,
Parkingson Disease, spinal cord injuries, etc. However, I think the use of
stem cell research to perhaps clone people or to make a better human being is
wrong. I would hope that the evil scientist in the dark dungeon will not take
the latter approach.
I feel that science has made many positive changes to better the lives of
diabetics since I was diagnosed in 1979, I hope we continue to move forward.
Sharon B