  From: email @ redacted<mailto:email @ redacted>
  To: email @ redacted<mailto:email @ redacted>
  Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 11:39 AM
  Subject: Re: [IP] Re: LDL

   I think the point was well made in this discussian - what are you other
  numbers? I decided to try it without statins - my last levels were:

  Total 171
  Triglicerides 70
  LDL 91
  HDL 66

   This is on 1000 mg of niacin a day and I have yet to increase my exercise
to a
  harder level - it has been just basic more walking, taking stairs and so
forth.
  And I really like the fact that the niacin costs me about $4 a month while
the
  statin (with insurance was $40). I did this with my internists blessing and
my
  endos grudging ok.. but she was as happy as me with the numbers. so will
  continue to see how it goes.

  Linda & Dax