RE: [IP] CGMS and reasonable post prandials

>Hi Susan,
>In addition to the super bolus, have you tried lower-glycemic foods? Like
>substituting yams for potatoes, that kind of thing? I works well for me.
>Tricia

I am beyond frustrated, I am finding anything over 30g, no matter how
much fat or protein I eat with it, drives me to 400.   It's almost
easier when my gastroparesis is flaring.   Cereal is already death for
me, so I do tend to eat slower carbs.   Lots of whole grains, no cereal
period.

The years of these swings has driven me to hate eating.   I don't even
enjoy food any more.  (Well, the gastro did that more than the
swings).   When my gastro is flaring all I can digest is simple sugars
and the peaks make it worse, downward spiral.   I can't digest protein
like beef any more really, so going completely low-carb would be beyond
a challenge.   ARgh.

I have an appt next week.   I am just in shock at how high my 1 hr post
meal peaks are.   It's a little bit of redemption:  I am doing nothing
wrong, and I can't help but feel this is not my fault.    My numbers are
'fine' at the 2.5 hr point.

What is really weird, is back when humalog came out, I was testing like
10X day or more.   I found then that my number had a very slow trickle
for 0 - 1.5 hrs after humalog, and then from 1.5 -2 hrs the main action
of the drop, followed by a small amount of action from 2-2.5 hrs.

Now what I am seeing is more like slow trickle from 0-2, big drop 2:30-3
hrs, trickle 3 -4 hrs.

Note to John & Bob:   I didn't know there was a word for my proposed
method (SUPERBOLUS!) but that's what I'll be trying for sure.   This
week I hope to keep a detailed log of every bolus, and food that crosses
my mouth for my next appt.

--
Susan M. Fisher
Brad's Project/Global Tech