RE: [IP] What Should be on the main IP List ...

 Exactly!

Otherwise, what's to stop someone (from either side of an issue) posting
inflammatory comments/opinions about a topic to deliberately stop all
discussion of and sharing information about a  topic they personally don't
support?

I agree that it's the negative personal commentary/opinions  that should go
to another list, not the sharing of information about any topic pertaining
to diabetes.

Melissa