From: The Kubicka Family
Date: 7/13/2006 2:31:39 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: OK, now I'm getting mad!

 I'm going to the pumping experts on this one:

Please help.  This is the process I've been using to get sites to  stick
(thanks to ideas from the list.)

*Clean area with "Dawn"  dishwashing  liquid (to remove any possible oily
residue from numbing  cream)

*Clean with alcohol

*Wipe with IV Prep

*Apply  mastisol, rather thickly and fan until dry and tacky

*Insert Inset  site

*Put on tegaderm patch, with hole cut in center for site (tried  IV3000 in
past, came right off in water)

We've progressed from using just alchol pads and IV prep in several
(unsuccessful) steps to what we're doing now. Nothing seems to work 100%.  I
know different kids have different skin compositions, and Mollie must just
be particularly "unsticky."

I'm getting so  frustrated;  they're still coming off from being in water
(sweat not  really a factor).  Today Mollie and I went to a play date and
the
kids  had a wading pool and slip & slide.  Played in water for maybe 1  hour

Before we went, I reattached the loose edges of the tegaderm with  more
mastisol.  We were home an hour or two, and noticed the darn thing  had come
out.  The top edge was still stuck, the bottom was loose and  had allowed
the
canula to come out and fold over.  I'M GETTING SO  FRUSTRATED!  I want
Mollie
to be able to swim and play in the water like  other kids.  What am I doing
wrong?  The only other thing I can  think of is to put on a 2nd tegaderm
patch, at a 90 degree angle to the  first.

Any other suggestions?  Thanks in  advance.

Melissa
Married to Tom 20 years
Mom to Jono (12 yrs),  Jacob (7 yrs)
and Mollie ( 3 yrs, dx 9-16-05, pumping Animas  12-12-05)
Hastings, Nebraska

"I know God will not give me anything I  can't handle. I just wish that He
didn't trust me so much."
---Mother  Teresa

[

imstp_usa.gif]