[IP] Re: is a blood sugar of 300 always indicative of diabetes

The doctor that diagnosed me 14 years ago first thought I was not diabetic
despite blood sugars in the 300s. He was looking at me as a "whole person"
rather than a "blood sugar" and other evidence, to him, suggested I may be
having
bouts of "stress hyperglycemia." I was 21, in extremely good health, active,
healthy weight, in college, stressed over finals and money and relationships,
etc., and my blood sugars didn't stay high. They'd bounce from 90 to 300 and
back again.
He turned out to be wrong....after three weeks of close observation. But
nonetheless I think my experience indicates there could be other explanations
for
very high blood sugars.
Deanna
dxed IDDM 9/92, pumping since 1/02