[IP] Re: Does a blood sugar of 300 mean you have diabetes?

Hi there,
This is my totally unscientific opinion, but I would say 300 sounds pretty
diabetic (unless you don't wash your hands before testing).

I do find that docs tend to take impending/existing T2 less seriously, at
least around here. I've been pushing and pushing for my parents to get
various tests for T2, and FINALLY my dad's doc has sent him for further
testing, after consistent fastings in the 140s...sigh. And my grandma, who
is definitely T2, was placed on meds that had her going very low in the
middle of the night. And my husband's great-aunt is still in hospital after
her docs ignored a family history of diabetes and didn't bother checking for
diabetes when she was placed on prednisone (double sigh...her blood sugar
was ~1200 when they got to her, honestly). Ok, enough of a diabetic rant.

Tricia
T1 (LADA) dxd April 2005, pumping as of November 2005