From: email @ redacted
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 7:53 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Spirit pump

It is my understanding that Roche is working with the FDA to allow the
 Spirit to be imported into the country. Roche reports that there are around
15,000 Spirit insulin pumps being used throughout the world and the US  FDA
is
 working with Roche on other issues that have nothing to do with the Spirit.
I've been waiting for almost a year for the Spirit to be available in  the
US and
unless something fails on my MM 511 pump again, I will continue to  wait. .