RE: [IP] LDL

>From what I've been told my cholesterol numbers are OK, but I'm on
PRovastatin. I really don't care for all of these prescriptions,
But I don't know what else to do.

jimb

My Cardiologist wants my LDL below 70 also.  The Veterans Hospital refuses
give me the Vytorin that he says I need.  {It isn't in their formulary}.  I
have NO outside insurance.  3 of my immediate family members take
cholesterol
meds.  My father died of it at age 43.  I am diabetic of 12 years and on an
insulin pump and the government doesn't care.   Barbara
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rob<mailto:email @ redacted>
  To: email @ redacted<mailto:email @ redacted>
  Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 10:48 PM
  Subject: RE: [IP] LDL

  >What do your doctors have for your LDL goal?  Mine is insisting I get
  it
  Below 70>

  My doctor wants my goal to be below 70 also.  Diabetics are at a higher
  risk of getting heart disease and they treat diabetes patients the same
  as heart patients. (I have read on-line heart patients should be below
  70.) There are other cholesterol medicines out there.  I would inform
  your doctor on how you are feeling.

  Sonia