Re: [IP] Inhaled Insulin

While I, of course, agree with all who have commented on inhaled
insulin's problems as a regular treatment for someone who is
insulin-dependent, I was having a little reverie the other day <gr.>
about things that might simplify my control problems.  I don't react
quickly to insulin, though I did 10 years ago, when I first started
Humalog.  Now, I often have to wait more than an hour to see any effect
at all from a correction bolus, and several more hours to see the full
effect. ( Except for the correction times, the lag doesn't work too
badly, incidentally, since I also have gastroparesis <gr.>.)  But I
wonder if using inhaled insulin for corrections might make my life
easier.

Though it would not make as much difference in my life as that
wonderful and always available chef who cooked such wonderful tasting
food, with immediate access to all fresh produce and instant cooking
techniques, and exact info on all nutritional info, that I was
imagining for my kitchen <gr.>.

Linda Z