Re: [IP] HEY ANTONIO 508 meltdown aka your mail

In a message dated 7/19/2006 1:29:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

Dearest Antonio in LA,Age 40, Type 1 since 1993
MiniMed Paradigm 515, OneTouch Ultra, MiniMed Carelink and PAL software,

May sound silly but...I think a machine that cost 6000 dollars should last
longer than 4 years! At the very least...could be repaired. I expect that
from my car, which I have only had 1 in my life that I paid that much for.
So there you go...
I totaly agree with you but companies want to continue to make money over and
over as soon as possible.  When you go to a store to buy a new refrigerator,
they try to sell you an extended warranty right on the spot.  If the product
they are selling you is made so well than why the extended warranty.  They
don't make it to last past a certain time so you will then have have to either
 have an extended warranty, which they make money on or you will have to buy a
new
one.  It is no different with pumps.  They win!