From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Margo Hupe
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 8:50 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Inhaled Insulin

 From Exubera fact sheets:

Important Safety Information  Exubera is a prescription medicine that
contains insulin powder that is breathed in (inhaled) through the
mouth using the Exubera. Inhaler.  It is used to treat adults with
diabetes.  It helps to control high blood  sugar.    Patients should
not take Exubera if they smoke or have stopped smoking less than six
months prior to  starting Exubera treatment.  If a patient starts
smoking or resumes smoking, he or she must stop
disease or emphysema
I also believe that just because you inhale, say, 3 units of insulin,
that you don't necessarily get 3 units.....depending on various
factors. Maybe someone can find that information as I have to
leave....but I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. Meanwhile, I won't
even say what I think about inhaled insulin....

Margo