Re: [IP] inhaled insulin and the pending Veto

 Eric, studies have shown some people start having lung problems with inhaled
insulin (no, I can't find them right now with my MS brain) and there is no long
term research on what will happen to the lungs. I do know that it is hard to
live without your lungs and they were not designed for long term inhaled
medicines or anything else.......just my .02 but I would never consider putting
my daughter on it.

  Bev

Eric Haskins <email @ redacted> wrote:
  Inhaled insulin is just a different means of delivery, simple as that, how it
works, how basals are set etc, probably will be EXTREMELY different than they
are now. inhaled insulin would allow someone who is diabetic to uptake insulin
faster than a simple injection. Diffusion of insulin through the injection site
(or pump infusion site) has it's limits ( the reason why people have to change
the sites after 3-4 days or so) Diffusion through the lungs to the blood system
would allow absorption of insulin much quicker than through infusion or
injection, as such I believe that it may help some people.....no reason to poo
poo it.

Beverly

 Art classes/seminars/camps, pet, child, adult portraits, murals, hand-painted
glass and wood, handmade purses, rugs and blankets
www.parsonwhitestudios.com