From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Bob Kerns
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 6:43 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IP] CGMS and reasonable post prandials

 It's certainly my belief that the peaks do more harm than just the amount
indicated by the A1c.  However, some studies I've seen have looked at
glucose variability and cardiovascular disease,  kidney disease, and
retinopathy, and did NOT find a connection, so overall, I'd have to say the
jury is out.

 Small studies, such as this one (n=21), that look at proxy markers, don't
really answer the really  big questions of "how harmful is it?". They
suggest HOW harm could be being done.

 That's good enough reason for me to want to keep my peaks as low as
feasible, but it's not enough to sound the alarm.