Re: [IP] RE: Airport Security

 My daughter's pump set off the alarm in the same Rome airport last week and
they treated her with great courtesy as well.....what day did you come back? She
returned on Tuesday....

  Bev

Robin Aguirre <email @ redacted> wrote:
  I just got back from Italy last week where my pump or medicalert bracelet
set off the security walk thru at Rome's Fiumcino airport. I showed the
pump to the security officer who seemed to recognize it but he did a wand
search anyway which came up negative and I was allowed thru. This also
happened to me in Trinidad going thru their security. It's never happened
to me in the States which I find weird. :) Also as we were flying home from
Rome that same day I pulled my pump out to check readings and the stewardess
saw me. She asked me if my "beeper" was turned off. When I explained to
her it was an insulin pump she got embarrassed and I reassured her anyone
could make that mistake as it does look like a beeper. Also I have to say
I worried so much about carrying on that wicked syringe for my Solu-Cortef
steroid and no one even asked me about it!!! I packed it with some extra
insulin syringes in my medical bag and I had no problems. Thank goodness I
only travel maybe once a year by plane - it really stresses me out to carry
all this stuff with me - worse than carrying around a diaper bag! :)
RobinA in Texas :)
Not all who wander are lost.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Beverly

 Art classes/seminars/camps, pet, child, adult portraits, murals, hand-painted
glass and wood, handmade purses, rugs and blankets
www.parsonwhitestudios.com