From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Aisling Kelly
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 8:03 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] re: flying with a pump

I know that it is annoying when we are stopped at airports... I get stopped
almost every single time because I do not try to hide the
pump- but is is important that they are being diligent. Many know what a
pump is and still test it. What would happen to pumpers if a terrorist group
descided to hide explosives in a device that appeared to be a medical
device? Traveling would be a much worse experience for us then. I know it
sounds like a stretch, but these days it wouldn't surprise me. These people
look for weaknesses in the system to exploit so never testing a device
because being told that it was medical was always accepted without question
would be something very easy to exploit. To the best of my knowledge any
electronic device that does not go through the x-ray machine that they see
must be tested for explosives whether it sets off the metal detector or not
by regulation. I know as parents some must feel offended to have their
pumping children treated this way but look at the ages of many suicide
bombers abroad right now ( Obviously, I am not saying that anyones child
here would do that). The airlines need to be prepared for anything to keep
everyone safe. Just my 2 cents.

-Aisling