[IP] Minimed gets FDA approval for CGMS separate from pump

Looks like Minimed just got approval for a standalone version of their
continuous glucose monitoring sensor and receiver in a unit that is
*not* part of a pump:

The standalone CGMS has been available for some time. Many doctors have them
and a patient
wears one for 3-5 days, then they review the reports together and adjust
basals, etc. I guess
the approval they're getting is to allow them to sell to patients.

I'm wearing one right now because I'm a guinea pig in a study at Johns
Hopkins (my endo is director
of research @ Hopkins, so I get to play guinea pig a lot!). This is the 3rd
time during this study.
Unfortunately, they have it masked so I can't see what it knows. They don't
want us trying to adjust
for results during the study. I will get all of my results when the study is
over.

Cheryl Hite