RE: [IP] CGMS and reasonable post prandials

JAMA  Vol. 295 No. 14, April 12, 2006
Activation of Oxidative Stress by Acute Glucose Fluctuations Compared With
Sustained Chronic Hyperglycemia in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes

Conclusions:  Glucose fluctuations during postprandial periods and, more
generally, during glucose swings exhibited a more specific triggering effect
on oxidative stress than chronic sustained hyperglycemia. The present data
suggest that interventional trials in type 2 diabetes should target not only
hemoglobin A1c and mean glucose concentrations but also acute glucose
swings.

http://tinyurl.com/z9nko

John S Wilkinson,
Rome, New York