[IP] CGMS and reasonable post prandials

What are we to expect as our PEAK after eating?

The ADA guidelines are for 2 hrs after eating.

I want to know what you think is a reasonable number 30 m to 1 hr after
eating.

I fear that THIS is where my bad a1c's lie :(

My dexcom has proved my basals accurate to slightly overagressive
(downward trends) while fasting.   My overnights are rock stable.
Everything is stable.

But if I eat more than 30 g at a meal, I skyrocket to close to 400...
but am of course back in range by the 2 hr to 3 hr point.

I never imagined my peaks were that bad :(

I see symlin in my future :( bah!   For now, I am bolusing 30 m. prior
to eating.   Next step is to bolus extra and temp basal LOWER after
eating (attack the peak with a little extra, but don't crash 2 hrs
later)....

--
Susan M. Fisher
Brad's Project/Global Tech