From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Mark Schweim
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 5:03 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] MiniMed Reservoir

I looked into all 3... Ruled out MM cause of NOT company guaranteed
"Waterproof" even when new... And out-of-pocket cost nearly $1,000 MORE than
the out-of-pocket cost for either Animas OR Cozmore (all 3 including initial
90-day supplies.)

Ruled out Cozmore because of pump bulkiness and need to remove glucometer if
intending to use in water.

ONLY thing I wish the Animas (IR 1250) had but doesn't, that the Cozmore has
is the SET CHANGE REMINDER...

I was told "Change infusion set every 2 - 3 days" by Beth (the pump
trainer), and my doctor just said to "change according to pump trainer's
instructions."

	I often forget how long ago I last changed sets, and several times,
after
changing sets, I've checked the pump history (Primes, etc.), and noticed
that based on prime records, it had been as long as 4 - 5 1/2 days since
last set change.

	But lately, remembering set changes hasn't been a problem... The
sets have
been FALLING OUT/OFF of me within 18 - 36 hours... Getting AWFULLY
EXPENSIVE!!!

I don't have any Mastisol, but got some "New Skin" liquid bandage, and have
tried that as soon as set starts detaching... So far, it looks like that
MIGHT keep the sets sticking for a full 3 days.

Mark