[IP] 508 MELTDOWN

Perhaps my questions have already been answered by Michael, but I noticed
that I have no subject line so I want to restate my problems in case it was
overlooked...maybe somebody has even more advice...

My beloved Minimed 508 (Sparky) died an ugly death on July 12th, last
Wednesday. For several days prior, all the different alarms went off  over
and over until it had to be shut down by removing the batteries. This was my
first experience with an alarm sounding. Turns out the warrenty ran out on
May 28th. I am now in the process of, hopefully, getting a new one, waiting
for okay from insurance.

My question, IS THERE NOTHING TO BE DONE FOR THE 508?
What can I do to see if it can be repaired?
This machine has given me perfect service for four years now, how can I be
sure it can't easily be reparied?
Metronic was no help.
Any suggestions?
So there you go...