>> Eric Re: [IP] dexcom VS minimed [Link for Minimed 522/722 CGM manual]

Eric,

Thanks for the information.  Although I am good at researching things,
it sometimes amazes me how an obvious search can produce such an
accurate answer.  That's exactly what I wanted to know.

I tried the BD Link when it first came out, and then again when it was
later supposedly "fixed".  Both times yielded results that were wildly
off from my Ultra.  I know that you're not supposed to judge a meter's
accurracy by comparing it to another meter, but you should be able to
get within a few points of each other.  At least that's what my 4 Ultras
do.  But not the BD, it was sometimes way off.  Too many times to base
my life on.  Also, it is very sensitive to the way you apply blood to
the strip.  While the Ultra has it's own idiosyncracies, I can always
tell in advance when I'm going to get an Er 5 from not enough blood.
When I was sent the second BD Link meter, I read the package insert that
came with the strips, and the accuracy margins are greater for the BD
than for the Ultra.  Although it's not as "slick" as having the BG
results transmitted directly to the pump, entering the results into the
pump manually is not a big deal.

I'm looking forward to CGM becoming mainstream enough for insurance to
cover it and, hopefully, for it to be made into a smaller transmitter
and/or possibly having the sensor cannula combined with the infusion set
cannula.  Once it gets to the second generation, I will get it.

Antonio in LA,Age 40, Type 1 since 1993