Re: [IP] express scripts + symlin = annoying!

I ran into this problem myself last year, at a local pharamcy.  I'm on
Type 2 dosage which means I get twice as much.  Every other script
they had filled before mine was for Type 1 dosage.  Thus they shorted
me.  I had no problem getting it fixed, they, fortunately realized
their mistake.  Amalyn (the company that sells Symlin has had to issue
letters to pharmacists explaining how to calculate dosages at least
once.

If you cannot get the phamacy to fix their mistake, call Amalyn --
their toll free number is on the Symlin website and ask them to help
you get it straightened out.

In fact, I called the number myself before I called the pharmacy so I
would know what I was supposed to have.

On 7/14/06, Ruth Jennison <email @ redacted> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just got my "three months supply" of symlin from express scripts.It only
> contained enough symlin for about 16 days, or one vial. Since this is a new
> drug (and express scripts is a profit driven company) the pharm there is
 > dispensing it in an odd and (not surprisingly) meagre fashion. I called
their--
Kathleen Weaver

Diabetes blog http://www.kweaver.org
Teaching CS blog http://www.kweaver.org/CS