From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of george lovelace
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 5:09 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] how does your doctor write prescriptions?

On 7/14/06, John S Wilkinson <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Roselea, My Pharmacy says that my insurance will only use one co-pay
> for 30 days of a med. When it comes to insulin they will only dispense
> a 30 day supply or less for 1 co-pay. So I have had the doctor list
> more that the required daily dose. They also require an amount per day
> on the RX. I think
> they are all incompetent, just bean counters that are following the wrong
> guidelines.
>
> John S Wilkinson,
> Rome, New York

"Incompetent" is putting it mildly, John.  I think "unrealistic" is a better
word here.  Who among us takes the same amount of insulin daily?  Who among
us never requires a higher Temp Basal?  Who among us can resist the
temptation of a new chocolate ice cream?  If you are among that group,
believe me, I do not envy you!    :-)

George