Re: [IP] Ladder Diet - beef essence

> I don't remember. I do have the book around here ... somewhere ...
>
> Jan and ElvisToo

Jan lent me the book in 2000 and I took blue cardstock paper and cut it
in 1/4ths, then attached a cotton-ball cloud at one end, then my
hugsband made ladders out of 2 popsicle sticks and toothpicks -
depicting climbing the ladder higher. We spray-painted the ladders
silver and glued them to the cardstock. The Ladder Diet was typed on the
reverse. These were put in Goody Bags at my BASH (50th Anniv of dx
party).

NOW, this many years later, I see Days #15 & #16 are missing!! Jan,
could you post those here so those who saved that awful reminder of what
DMers went through can add them and can see what further torture DMers
were put through? Thanks!!

Then don wrote:
> I'm just guessing but, I also doubt that a type 1 diabetic could
> live more than a few days or maybe a couple of weeks without insulin.

Then you haven't heard the story of Elizabeth Hughes - the teen who was
on about 300-400 calories a day, then one of the first to be given
insulin. She lived to her 70s or early 80s or something like that.
Philip Bliss wrote a book on the story of the discovery of insulin and I
have the PBS Masterpiece Theatre movie on tape: Glory Enough for All.
The dLife TV program recently had a 1/2-hr show on it. It was
interesting, but not the completeness the 2-hr movie has - or the book.

Jan T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) Dialyzing 7/8/02
http://maxpages.com/bludasue  - http://maxpages.com/TSLandCLIP  -
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (evolution of pumps)

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we
fall. -- Confucius