[IP] HPHC - Harvard Pilgrim & pumps

 Harvard Pilgrim HMO allowed Deltec to replace my Animas 4 months before the 4
years were up. YMMV
---------------------------------

   To: "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted>
  Subject: RE: [IP] Anyone's insurance paid for the 522 with RT monitor yet?
   From: Patience Boyd <email @ redacted>
   Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 06:49:07 -0400

---------------------------------

 My other problem is how HPHC won't allow Minimed to start the replacement
process until the 4-year warranty has expired, so I'm going to be with an out of
warranty pump for however long the approval process takes. I can understand that
they don't want to buy things early, but you would think a reasonable system
could allow for starting replacement paperwork at month 47 out of a 48 month
expected product lifespan.