Re: [IP] Ladder Diet

Hey guys,
Forgive me if I've been misinformed, but I have always been told that
my great uncle was dx-ed before there was any real treatment available,
and the doctors gave him 2 years. This happened when my grandmother was
a child, so I always assumed it must've been type 1.
Now that I'm thinking about it more, I can't imagine a type 1 surviving
that long without insulin. Even with the extreme diets that they used
to put people on when they we dx-ed, two years seems like a long time.
(Tho from what I heard, those two years were pretty excruciating.)
Does this sound right to anybody? Or is this just an urban legand being
passed down through the generations of my family?

> Don
>
> What makes you think they treated Type II's at all? I think most of
them
> just
> died of lots of complications. Type I's just died that much sooner.
Weeks