Re: [IP] OK, now I'm getting mad!

At 04:25 PM 7/13/2006, email @ redacted wrote:
>Melissa
>
> A simplier way might be just to remove the
>cannula before swimming, giving a few extra units to cover the time and
 >reataching in a simplier way when done swiming. I was taught that you can go
off
>pump for up to 2 hours at a time with no issues.

 That's fine, but if her daughter is swimming every day, that could be a
problem. I know for a fact, that MY insurance company would balk at a
one-set-per-day rate. Better yet, perhaps Melissa might want to investigate
other infusion sets. I cannot use the Inset because a part of it irritates my
skin. However, I use the QuickSets which stay on for me, even in hot tubs. I
only use IV Prep before inserting. I don't use any tape since it makes me itch.

RoseLea