RE: [IP] Re: Surgery

> Sounds more like for the anesthesiologist benefit than the patients.

That depends entirely on how "exciting" things get. I certainly would
not want to be on the operating table and have my blood pressure fall
in the toilet and have a low at the same time. It would seem prudent to
make sure that bg's are normal + a margin of error when underg general
anesthesia. People are human and make mistakes. Personally I would
prefer that my "caretaker" under the situation have the largest
possible margin of error. The surgeon is just the mechanic fixing
whatever is broken. The anesthesiologist is the person responsible for
making sure you wake up when the surgery is over.

Michael