Re: [IP] Big Thank you to all of you

At 11:56 PM 7/11/2006, Andy Mayshar wrote:
>The vast majority of doctors (over 90%) are not equipped to manage a Type I
>diabetic. You need to have an trained advocate with you at all times.  I was
>hospitalized last summer with broken ribs and in 3 days no one even asked me
>if I needed insulin and my diabetic doc had ordered them to do all kind of
>things which they didn't do.

 Last time I was in the hospital (pre-pump) I brought my own meter and kept
track of my bgs myself. One time when I got low, I walked to the nurses' station
and asked for some juice. At first they were reluctant to give it to me until I
told them my bg was low (in the 50s if I recall). I have learned that I'll take
better care of myself than anyone else will.

RoseLea