Re: [IP] protein and insulin

>  What's the problem with reinfusing the islets every year
> or so such that they would be replenished before glucose
> intolerance sets in?

Because it takes two cadaver pancreases for enough islet cells for one
patient. There are other patients awaiting one cadaver pancreas for a
whole transplant. So, every year - let's say 10 (?) that would be 20
pancreases for one individual when 20 patients could each have one with
less of a chance for repeats. Both procedures require anti-rejection
drugs.

Jan T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) Dialyzing 7/8/02
http://maxpages.com/bludasue  - http://maxpages.com/TSLandCLIP  -
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (evolution of pumps)

As I said before, I never repeat myself.