[IP] bolus vs basal rates?

 Hello everyone, I saw a new endo today, and he suggested lowering my basal
rates, 11am till midnight from 1.3 to .8. Then use more insulin at mealtime to
cover the meals and add some extra insulin to the basals. Does this make sense
to anyone? I guess the reason he suggested this is because I have
hypo-unawareness and a lot of hypoglycemia. But, with this new change, I am
afraid I will swing the other way? Does anyone else do this with their
basals/bolus?

Tanya