From: "Michael" <email @ redacted>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:41:27
To:email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] protein and insulin

>  I agree. I've also been told not to bolus for protein. Insulin is not
>  required
> to digest protein.

It depends on how much you eat. Protein eventually gets converted into
some glucose, however usually we don't eat enough to make a significant
difference. If you eat a hugh steak or one of the pizza parlor pizzas
ladened with cheese, you can bet that 3-5 hours later you will see a bg
rise. It will be proportional to the protein you ingested with the BIG
meal. I don't remember the conversion for grams -> insulin, but its
quite a bit less insulin per gram than other food stuffs.

Michael

Michael