Re: [IP] Re: Surgery

I had arthroscopic knee surgery last Thursday.  Not a long procedure  by any
means, but I was knocked out.  I kept the pump on and told them that  my endo
and I had discussed the pump and decided to lower the basal rate for  three
hours ahead of until about 3 hours past the surgery.  This is the  same plan I
used when I had carpal tunnel surgery a month ago.  The surgeon  and
 anesthesiologist would rather you run high and the endo would rather you
didn't. I did
not, under any circumstances, want to take the pump off and  let them control
my insulin use - they won't do as good a job of it!

Stacey