Re: [IP] Use of excel to track BG info

>Hi everyone,
>
>I am learning that excel is much much cooler than I had ever realized.
>I was thinking about trying to design an excel sheet to do all of the
>things that I want it to do for diabetes management and tracking and I
>was wondering if anyone had already done this and was interested in
>comparing and sharing sheets/ideas/formulas?
>
>-Aisling

Mine does, but it takes some work on chart headers and ranges at the
beginning of each month and the end of each week.  The plots are
histograms and pie charts of blood sugar frequencies, daily protein
and carbohydrate totals, TDD and weight, a time of day/blood sugar
scatter plot, and weekly charts of blood sugar against time.  There's
also a comment column on the data page for things like basal changes
(temporary or permanent) and site changes, exercise, and anything
else I want to keep track of, and a section on the data sheet where
it calculates the mean and standard deviation of blood sugars weekly
and monthly.  (The calculation formulas need to be changed each month
because I test my blood sugar when I need to know it, not on a fixed
time schedule or time of day, so the number of tests per day and week
varies though it's usually between 400 and 500 a month.)  Basals are
on a separate spreadsheet, with a new column every time I change
basals.  I can send you a master, but it is not an automatic
program--aside from data entry, it requires that formulas and range
data be tweaked regularly.  I e-mail mine to my doctor each month,
but I think he just looks at some of the charts--says I'm drowning
him in data.
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, Alaska