Re: [IP] Echocardiogram and pump

 <<My dog needs to have an echocardiogram (ultrasound of the the heart) done for
a heart murmur and I was wondering if I would be able to stay in the room with
her with my pump on or if I'll have to take it off and leave it elsewhere.
Thanks! Sarah, dx'92, pumping'00>>

Sarah,
 In all my ECHO's I have never had to take my pump off, and I get them every
6-12 months. It is no difference than a reg. Ultrasound..other than being more
sensitive. I kept my pump in my pocket and the cardiologist and the tech knew I
had a pump and they have never had a problem with other pumpers' pumps going bad
after a echo.

R. Leppanen