Re: [IP] Caremark pharmacy

----Original Message-----
>My BCBS uses Caremark as its mail order pharmacy - I have used it for BP
>medicine and test strips.  Always great service.  I get 1350 strips for a
>three month period.  No problems at all.

 My strip prescription is for 300 a month but I get them locally. Last month
when I brought my new script to the pharacy, the pharmacist took it upon himself
to deny me coverage and would only give me 200. I called Caremark and they were
great. The woman told me there was no limit on the number of strips, which was
nice considering all of the horror stories I've read about other
insurance/benefits companies limiting things like strips. I think I might start
getting my strips through mail order as well. I can get 3 months at a time and
save $10 every 3 months.

 I still swear that I read somewhere that the patient has to pay for express
shipping for any refrigerated items (cost = $16) which is why I never even
considered getting insulin from them. I'd end up[ paying more than my 3 months
co=pay that way.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987