Re: [IP] re: sigh, another new insurance

Caremark is a PBM -- basically a company designed to keep prescription
costs down.  Other PBMs are Medco.

I had Caremark when I had insurance with Cigna, but when we went to
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas, we switched to Medco.

Both do a very good job at getting prescriptions to the patients, but
they can drive you nuts because they constantly review expensive
prescriptions.  For example, I'm on Protonix for GERD, and they can
get Nexium cheaper.  However, Nexium doesn't work for me.  I have to
go through a review of Protonix every few months.  They send the
doctor a fax form asking things like if they have tried Nexium, diet
changes, etc.

--
Kathleen Weaver

Diabetes blog http://www.kweaver.org