Re: [IP] sigh, another new insurance

At 08:41 PM 7/10/2006, you wrote:
>  Anyway, my question, has anyone had experience with FMH insurance? How about
>Caremark prescription services? I am on pins and needles as I have never heard
>of this insurance company before he started with his new company. We had Cigna
>and BlueCross/BlueShield at the previous employers.

I have never heard of FMH insurance, but my insurance (Empire BLue
Cross Blue Shield of NY) uses Caremark for pharmacy benefits.  I have
not had any problems with them at all.  I get my Advair through mail
order from Caremark (and got my fosinopril and Lipitor mail order
when I was taking them) and I can get 3 months worth for 2 months
co-pay.  For insulin and test strips I go to a local pharmacy.  I
would not want to get insulin through mail order.  I had to call
Caremark last month when an idiot pharmacist decided that he didn't
want to give me 300 strips a month and insisted he had called my
insurance.  The woman at Caremark was extremely helpful and I got my
300 strips.

My pump supplies are handles as DME and have nothing to do with
Caremark.  I get them directly from Minimed, who bills my
insurance.  I have no co-pay for pump supplies.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987