Re: [IP] Serter vs. Manual insertion

At 05:42 PM 7/8/2006, Cynthia Kahn wrote:
>This is so interesting to hear. Whenever I've changed my set
>without using the MM inserter, I've had a bent cannulas and
>hyperglycemia. My rep told me that he was surprised by that--
>people do one or the other and have equal success. I asked for
>an extra inserter from him so I would have a backup (never
>got it).
>It is my understanding that Minimed uses an insertion device
>because of the  force that is needed to insert the cannula
>without it bending.

 I used the QuickSets for a year before I ever got a serter. Never had a bent or
kinked cannula. The Disetronic UltraFlex was a different matter. It doesn't have
a serter and I could never seem to get it in without a kink. The QuickSet seemed
to insert very smoothly while the UltraFlex seemed to catch on my skin when I
was inserting. YMMV.

RoseLea