Re: [IP] Serter vs. Manual insertion

At 10:34 PM 7/6/2006, you wrote:
>Ok, I just have to ask.........I use the quicksets and my serter
>went on the kurplunks.......so to speak......so now I have to
>manually insert my quick sets (YIKES).........but I have noticed
>since I have manually did this, that my cannulas bend.....over that
>last week and a half I have changed out 3 sets, like 2-3 times
>each.....and yes, I called Minimed but the first 2 times that I did,
>I was on hold for like 15 min at a time and hung up.....but I just
>got a hold of them and they are sending me the 6mm sets, I use the
>9mm........but I never had probs before and was just wondering if
>anyone else on here experienced this.....from serter to manual??  I
>just noted that my cannula's bend when I do it manually and I don't
>think I am hitting the muscle, but then again, I don't know..... my
>sugars hit the roof.....talk about panic.......so I am debating on
 >buying another serter if this problems continues....but any insight?? Thanks!!
>
>Michelle .

Did you tell Minimed that your Serter broke and the problem only
started after you had to insert manually?  They should have offered a
new Serter.  I've gotten an extra Quick-Serter from them (after my
original started sticking within a couple of weeks of pumping) and
I've gotten a Sil-Serter from them.  I had major problems with the
Quick-Sets cannulas kinking but it happened with both manual and
Serter insertions.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987