RE: [IP] Anyone's insurance paid for the 522 with RT monitor yet?

> My other problem is how HPHC won't allow Minimed to start the
> replacement process until the 4-year warranty has expired, so I'm going
> to be with an out of warranty pump for however long the approval process
> takes.  I can understand that they don't want to buy things early, but
> you would think a reasonable system could allow for starting replacement
> paperwork at month 47 out of a 48 month expected product lifespan.

Quit worrying about it. Pumps sometimes run for years and years, just
like old cars ;-)  The wheels don't fall off your car just because it
is out of warranty. Your pump won't stop working at the stroke of
midnight when its warranty expires. On the two occasions when my
daughter has upgraded, 1) her old pump worked nicely for another year
and a half. She decided to upgrade it when she finally wore a whole
through the plastic covering over the up arrow button and exposed the
metal of the contact underneath. It still worked albeit with exposed
circuit parts when it was replaced. 2) pump #2 also was in service for
a couple of years after warranty with a rubber band holding the door
closed so the reservoir would not fall out when it was finally
replaced. Why did she wait so long??? ya got me, she just does not like
"new" stuff when the old still works.

Michael