Re: [IP] Minimed CGMS Realtime or DexCom

I read over your information and I stand by my reply.  If you use either
system without it being integrated into a pump, AND you are also using a
pump, then you have 2 separate devices to attach to and keep near your
body.  If, however, you are going to be pumping, then I would want to
use the Paradigm RT because it uses the pump's display for it's own.  If
I was not going to be pumping, then I would want the Dexcom, as it is a
more "elegant" solution.  In fact, I wish the Paradigm used the Dexcom
technology.

Antonio in LA,Age 40, Type 1 since 1993

Rick Stockton wrote:
> Antonio wrote:
>
>> If you use either system independently, it seems like you
>> would have too many gizmos attached to you with a pump,
>> infusion set, sensor, and CGM display.
>>

> Antonio, I welcome your opinion... but at the same time, I
> recommend to Jacob that he put a little more emphasis on
> those replies from people who actually own and use
> the devices he's asking about.
>
> Antonio, I feel that your "two many gizmos attached" is
> not really valid for either system:
>
> With Minimed, the pump is already present and attached
> in an inconvenient manner (infusion set tubing). The CGM
> display is INTEGRATED, adding no additional "attachments".
>
> You do have a small additional 'attachment'
> between the Sensor and the Transmitter, so there's
> two more things on your skin. But the PUMP/DISPLAY
> was ALREADY THERE, not a lot of additional gizmos or
> attachments to route through your clothing.

THAT'S WHAT I SAID!!!