RE: [IP] Anyone's insurance paid for the 522 with RT monitor yet?

<snip> I can understand that they don't want to buy things early,
> but you would think a reasonable system could allow for starting
> replacement paperwork at month 47 out of a 48 month expected
> product lifespan.

I don't think so! ;-) We are still driving a 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan
Minivan. Out of warranty eons ago, but still very usable, as are most of
the vehicles on the road. My MM 507C was 7 yrs old when I got an
out-of-warranty 508 and they both are fine. If your ins. pays for a new
pump, then they will if it is in warranty or not.

When my 506 died (would not deliver more than 1.5u bolus, but basals
okay) it was 6 y/o. I took shots for boluses for 2 days when my new 507C
arrived - paid for by ins.

BTW, for $1400 we had our own tranny rebuilt before it went. That was
much cheaper than putting out thousands and thousands of moola for a
new(er) van. YMMV

Jan T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) Dialyzing 7/8/02
http://maxpages.com/bludasue  - http://maxpages.com/TSLandCLIP  -
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (evolution of pumps)

Behold the warranty --- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh
away