[IP] dim backlight on Paradigm?

 Last night, the backlight on my (old) Paradigm 511 flickered a little, then
came back on much dimmer than before. Has anyone else ever heard of this? I
changed the battery, even though it wasn't time, thinking it might help. It
didn't.

  The warranty was up in April.

  I'm thinking my options are buying a new one or using the old one and hoping
it doesn't totally conk out on me. Anything else?

  Anita