On 7/6/06, Mark Schweim <email @ redacted> wrote:
> Last night when I noticed the third set in 3 days starting to separate, I
> tried holding it in place with IV-3000 after reading many places claiming
> that the IV-3000 almost requires an adhesive remover to remove... And by the
> time I got home from work this morning... The IV-3000 I put on just last
> night was still working to hold the Inset on, but around the entire
> perimeter, even the IV-3000 tape was starting to fall away from my skin.

Its normal (from my experience) for the IV-3000 to fall away at the
perimeter but still works for 2 more days when this happens. Its also
normal to remove it easily. But it's never fell (in my case) by it
self. So I took it us positive that I can remove it so easily. The
procedure I use is to first stick the IV-3000 to the site and then
insert the cannula which sticks on the IV-3000. Using IV-3000 that way
I can keep my sites almost 5 days without redness and spots.

> My BG was > 200 when I left work so I bloused what the pump recommended...
> Then, about 45 minutes later, I checked again, and was at 246, so bloused
> with my insulin pen since it looks like this set that is still in may be
> failing (either the site, or the set)...

In my case when I bolus it's take about 2 hours for my blood sugar
start felling down. So I never do another correction until 2 hours
pass from the previous bolus.

Of course YMMV.

Hope this help

Nikos Filippou