Re: [IP] new shorter length Silhouettes

At 09:14 PM 7/5/2006, you wrote:
>What are the shorter cannula Silhouettes called?  What is a Sure-T?
>
>Antonio in LA,Age 40, Type 1 since 1993
>MiniMed Paradigm 515, OneTouch Ultra, MiniMed Carelink and PAL software

The shorter length Silhouettes are called... Silhouettes!  With a
13mm cannula, instead of 177mm.  They come in both tubing lengths.  A
Sure-T is the MM Paradigm version of a Luer Lock set called - I think
- Contact?  They're a 90 degree metal needle set.  The needle is
short & thin and the et is supposed to be quite flat.  The only
drawback is you have to stick two adhesive patches on you - one for
the cannula and one for the disconnect portion.  There's a short
length of tubing connecting the two.  The connection is the same as
on the Silhouettes.  I have had such bad luck with Quick-Sets and
Sof-Sets and I'm looking forward to trying another 90 degree
insertion that won't kink.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987