[IP] Discovery Program

Did anyone see the Discovery program that was on last night? A woman who
was a type 1 diabetic on beta blockers, had a low episode while driving.
She slammed into another car and the driver of that car was killed. It
really peeked my interest when the narrator said "She could be held
liable for negligence because she didn't keep a log of all her meals and
her blood glucose values." The beta blockers masked the symptoms of a low
blood sugar. They also said she could have sued her doctor for
prescribing them.

On another note - I firmly believe that when someone prescribes something
for you, you should always research it before one bit of it  touches your
mouth.

In my opinion any "negligence" would be more centered around the
following:

Did she have good driving habits as far as monitoring BS?
For example, did she test her blood before, during, and after driving?

Did she take the beta blockers for a little while before driving so she
knew how they would affect her? I think they said the doc prescribed them
only the week before.

Most people in general probably could not do all the things that we have
to do as far as keeping a log. Most people don't realize how insanely
difficult and monotonous it is to write down everything you eat, drink,
and bs, insulin, etc.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.