Re: [IP] 50 Years

Jim Durr wrote:  <<< I am still amazed that the odds are one in 10,000
making it to 50 years with diabetes.>>>

I wonder...besides genetics...what allows the 50 years plus?  I am nine
months away from my own 50 year IDDM diagnosis and only 7 1/2 years on
the insulin pump.  In other words...not good AIc's for 42 plus years!

For myself I think it is perhaps because I am so much more than IDDM. I
am a daughter, wife, mother, mother-in-law, daughter-in-law, sister,
friend, farmer, rancher, gardener, reader, chef, shopper,
member of clubs (Herding dogs & Sheep), politically involved locally.

Maybe I consider that I have Type I Diabetes but I don't live day-to-day
as a diabetic. I just live as a whole person.
I consider the above because I don't personally need a 50 Year Award.
But for those who do...I have no issue with their desire. My CONGRATS to
those who need the Award.

Becky LaSpina
IDDM since 1957
MM507C and now Animas IR1250